Wednesday, June 17, 2009
Reflecting on my learning
After completing this part of the training I now know the importance of first creating my CFQs so that I can have general and specific questions to base my lesson around. I can then supply students with these questions prior to the lesson and they will be able to see what they will need to learn from the lesson. In order to create a good lesson I need to focus the activity and content around the standards supplied in the TEKS. Forming my lessons around these standards will help me create much more efficient activities. Finally, having a formative assessment will allow me to get my assessment consistent and continually give feedback to students.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I think that the CFQ and assesments are a bunch of work, but will pay off in the end.
ReplyDeleteI think that the hardest thing about these projects are that we want them to be fun but we cannot forget our TEKS. I love the essential questions are great discussion topics but the things tested on the TAKS are more unit questions. I guess the way to solve that is to try to make our rubrics/checklists specific so that they cover what we need them to.
ReplyDelete